Wednesday 13 August 2014

We all ♥ Avery Elle

Hi everyone,

A quick post to share a card I have made for the challenge going on over at the brilliant Avery Elle Challenge blog.

This week the challenge is...Kraftt!!! Woooooo Hoooooo!!!  I LOVE KRAFT!!!

And here are all the deets...

Challenge 13



And here's what I came up with...




I love using kraft card and wanted to show how kraft can still be really bright, jazzy and fun...so thought I would use my gilding flakes on it for some real dazzle!

I started by making my own card base from Neenah Desert Storm kraft card, and cut a smaller piece of the same kraft card to use as a topper.  I then stamped this piece with the amazing Tweed background stamp, from Hero Arts, in Versmark ink and heat embossed over it using Ranger's 'Sticky embossing powder'.  This stuff is awesome, it works in the exact same way as an embossing powder, but stays 'sticky' when melted so you can add all sorts to it - gilding flakes, glitters, flocks , foils, and it all just sticks to it!  Awesome.  So, in any case...once melted, I added my gorgeous silver gilding flakes.  Ohhhhh gilding flakes, so beautiful and luxurious, just lush :)  I then die-cut a circle aperture form it and used the reverse side of my circle to repeat the gilding flakes process, but this time, stamping out my gorgeous 'Happy Birthday to you' sentiment form my 'go to' birthday set from Avery Elle, 'Cake and Candles'.  Just love this set, so fun.

I then matted with a backing of bright yellow paper from Lawn Fawn ' Let's Polka' paper pad, and adhered my stamped circle to the backing.  I used double stacked foam pads on my topper to give some real dimension, and embellished with a few cute ribbons, made into flags and tabs, and a little twine bow.

And there we go.  I really hope you like it, as always, I would love to read your comments.

Jillxxx


3 comments:

  1. oooohhh...lovin' the kraft & silver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the silver embossing--so pretty!
    Thanks for joining the Avery Elle challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore all the shimmer! Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with the AE Challenge!

    ReplyDelete