Saturday 23 August 2014

Ombre Ombre Arriba Arriba (sorry, just could not reisit)


Hi everyone,

I'm back with another card I have made for this weeks A blog named hero challenge.  The theme this week is 'Ombre', hence my ridiculous post title...it's the small things in life eh?

You can find all the deets here...



And here's my card...





I started with a piece of card and inked it up using 'Peacock Feathers' Distress Ink, making sure to put a really heavy layer along the bottom, and to ease off and lighten gradually as I went up, to create the 'Ombre' effect.  I then stencilled over the top with Ranger's texture paste, using Hero Arts' 'Triangle Pattern Stencil', and left aside to dry.  Once dry, I placed my stencil back over the texture paste, and repeated my 'ombre' inking, over the top.  i stamped this lovely sentiment, from Hero Arts', 'Heyday Sentiments', and framed it in a speech bubble from the Clearly Besotted 'You Said It' set.  I wrapped some twine around my card to give focus to the message, I do love a tone on tone look, but it does sometimes mean things can get lost.  I cut a piece of grey card to use as a mat, stamped some vertical stripes onto it in Versmark ink, and heat embossed in clear powder, for extra interest.  I then embellished with some grey enamel dots, some clear 'waterdrop' gems, and a little ribbon flag right in the top corner, and put it all together.

I'm really happy with this card, I think it would work great as a 'guy card'.

I hope you like it, as always, please feel free to comment as I love reading 'em :).

See you soon.

Jillxxx

6 comments:

  1. Well, you certainly can't go wrong with Peacock Feathers! I love how you've used one ink color to get the Ombre. And adding, then distressing, the embossing paste adds an amazing element to the piece. That tiny piece of ribbon at the top just completes it perfectly.

    Thanks so much for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm back! I wanted to let you know your card was the influence for my SOS project this week. Lookie: http://thecrookedstamper.blogspot.com/2014/08/sos-166-abcs.html

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my....thank you sooooo much! i LOVE your work & follow you on twitter (bit of a fan *blushes*) so cannot tell you how happy you've made me! please feel free to link direct here on your post if you'd like, but no probs if not. eeeeh, I am so chuffed! you've made my day thank you :) :) :) jillxxx

      Delete
    2. oh you already did, lol, sorry, i'm all a flutter haha :)

      Delete
  3. This is just so very pretty. Great work! Thanks for participating in the Ombre challenge at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! This card is amazing!!!! I loooove the colors and the texture... Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero! x

    ReplyDelete