Saturday 16 August 2014

Paper Scratcher...

Hi everyone,

A quick post to share a card I made for Simon Say's Stamp's Monday challenge.

This week, the challenge is 'Scratch it', and the idea is to embrace your grungy side.  Well, as a teen of the nineties who had (and let's face it - still does) a major obsession with 'grunge'...nobody needs to ask me twice to embrace it :)

And here's my card...




Now...what did I do?  ...It would probably be easier to tell you what I didn't do haha -  Went to town, that's what I did!  But seriously, I had such fun getting mucky and messed up with this card.  

The background is a watercolour wash using distress stains, with watercolour overstamping using Kaisercaft's Script stamp and distressed edges using Peeled Paint and Vintage Photo.  I then stenciled some large flowers in embossing paste, also coloured to match using Peeled Paint, over the top and covered in a sparkly embossing powder which I melted once my paste was dry.  The hearts are from, what I think is Balsa Wood (??), I got it from a hobby shop aaaages ago and have been dieing to colour and die-cut it, so I did.  I dyed it using more distress stains, mixed with mica powder to give them shimmer (doesn't show up too great on the pics), and over stamped them in Vintage Photo using Kaisercraft's 'Sheet Music'.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts 'Friend set and is stamped on an off-cut of the background.  I then matted everything on to black card and mounted onto a kraft card card blank.  Phew *Takes a breath and wipes brow*

I loved making this card, and loved how it turned out.  

Hope you like it too.  Thanks for looking.  As always, all comments are more than welcome :)

Jillxxx



4 comments:

  1. Love the way your card came out. You weren't kidding you went to town! Having fun creating is what its all about.
    Ivette
    n1sunrider.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! You did a fabulous job with those Distress products. Thank you for sharing your card with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so adore this - the color is fantastic and you make me want to make something similar! Thank you for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving your tone on tone action! Such beautiful work! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete