Saturday 23 August 2014

Ombre delight...

Hi everyone,

Well, I am in the middle of a delightful week off work so have been on a crafty frenzy.  I love having time to indulge your-self in the things you love!

So the first card I'm sharing is a card I have made to enter into this week's challenge over at a blog called hero, which this week is 'Ombre', and you'll find all the details here...



And here's my card...





 



I started by stamping out Hero Arts' 'Open Flower' in Versamark ink, various times, onto a piece of watercolour paper, and  heat embossed in a pearl white embossing powder.  I watercoloured each separate flower in a different coloured distress ink (Seedless Preserve, Salty Ocean, Peacock feathers, and Picked Raspberry), creating my 'ombre' effect by adding more and more water as I went to make the ink lighter .  I'm not gonna lie, this wasn't the quickest process, especially with the flower petals being so teeny tiny...but I love the effect it created, and like I say...I'm on holiday so had the time to just lose myself, and very relaxing it was too!  I then inked up a separate piece of card in 'Peacock feathers', again, creating an 'ombre' effect, by putting a load of ink down at the bottom, and getting lighter as I inked further up the card.  I then die-cut the 'Thanks' sentiment using WPlus9's 'hand lettered thanks die' from it.  I also cut the same die from a sheet of balsa wood to use as a backing and to give a little extra oomph!  I then  embellished with a few sequins and added a strip of kraft card down the side which I had stamped with vertical stripes, and clear embossed.

I really love the Ombre look and am happy with how this card turned out.  I like the softness of the watercolour but think the colours still pack a punch.

As always, I love to read any comments so please feel free to leave them.

See you soon.

Jillxxx

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome info! I am looking forward to see more postsby you! www.continental-delight.com.sg

    ReplyDelete