Wednesday 6 August 2014

All of me...

Hi there,

A post with a bit of a difference today.  The awesome folk over at, Make The Day Special, have put out a call for a new member of their design team!  Well, that would just be my dream come true...and you've gotta follow your dreams, right?  So it took me about a millisecond to decide I would be brave and apply.  All they are asking is for you to email them a link to a post on your blog which best illustrates your crafting style.  Sounds simple doesn't it?  So I started looking through my blog for my best example of me right now...and that's where the problem lay.  As I'm sure is  the same with most of us, my tastes change daily, my style ever evolving, something I was happy with a week ago, no longer seems to be 'just right', there's always something I would want to change and improve.  So my answer to this conundrum?.....this post.  Who am I right now, today?

I am all about techniques with my inks, I fall more in love with watercolour every day, embossing paste is my new partner in crime,  the simple beauty of vellum is never far from my mind...and my stamps...Oh my, my beautiful stamps.  All these things, mixed and jumbled together, pretty much sum up who I am, right now, here, today.

So heart on the sleeve time it is... This is me....



...the loud, slightly crackers, brave, bold, unashamedly bright, strong and confident side.  



...the quiet, calm, relaxed, chilled, reserved side.



...and the organic, earthy, tough, rough, and rooted side.


So one set of supplies, three cards, three ways, to represent my different sides.

I have used the same distress inks (Peacock feathers, Mustard Seed, and Picked Raspberry), the same gorgeous Hero Arts 'Flourish' stencil (bought from Make The Day Special - obviously), the same Cosmic Shimmer 'Frosty Dawn' texture paste, the same banner form Mama Elephant's 'Bloomsies' set (I think you can guess where from), the same sentiment from Lawn Fawn's 'Chit Chat' (...Take a wild guess) and the same 'Stitched Butterfly' die-cut set from Lil-Inkers (aaaand yes...also purchased from Make the Day Special :) ) with a little added extra of a Spellbinders die, various sequins, and some coloured twine from American Crafts.

So yeah, they are all me.  Ask me again in a week or two, and the results would probably be completely different.  But that's half the fun surely...life would be boring if we spent it stood still.

Now to cross my fingers, scrunch up my eyes, and pray for a dream ending...

Wish me luck!
















2 comments:

  1. Well I love your 3 sides - great examples of who you are. I've got lots of applications to work through but I'll let you know as soon as I can! Thanks for applying.
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in the design team call your cards are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete