Sunday 24 August 2014

Sequins and wishes...

Hi everyone,

I am sharing a card I have made for the challenge going on over at Avery Elle, which this week, is sequins!  And you can find all the deets here...

AEIHeartUChallenge

Now I am already out and proud on this one...I LOVE SEQUINS!!!  This is one trend that I don't mind sticking around for a while.  They're just so lovely and shiny, and lovely and shiny and..., well you get my gist.

And here's my card...





I started with a piece of watercolour card and inked the background using distress inks (Chipped Saphire, Seedless Preserve, Broken China, and Mustard Seed ), going from dark around the edge, to light in the middle.  I've seen a few of these 'galaxy' effect backgrounds recently, and wanted to give it a whirl, the idea I had in my head was of a night sky with the sequins representing stars, which double as wishes...you still following?  So....once my card was inked up I die-cut a star from the middle using Lawn Fawn's 'Puffy Stars'.  At the same time, I also cut a star from the fornt of my card blank, and a frame to border my aperture, all from the same die set.  I then turned my attention back to my background and added some water drops, some shimmer mist, and some white and silver paint splats.  I heat embossed my star frame in Ranger's 'Liquid Platinum' and adhered it to my card front.  I stamped this delightful 'Make a Wish' sentiment from Avery Elle's gorgeous 'Storybook' stamp set onto acetatate and heat embossed in Ranger's 'Black Sparkle', adhered to the back of my star aperture, surrounded in shaker tape, and filled with sequins of all different colours, shapes and sizes.  I then covered up at the back with more acetate so that you can see through the whole aperture.  I added a piece of lovely silver glitter card to the inside of my card for a little added shimmer, embellished with another few sequins...coz enough is NEVER enough, right?  And there you have it.  I really enjoyed making this card and think it's full of fun...and of course wishes :)

As always, I would love to read any comments so feel free to leave them.

Thanks for looking.

Jillxxx

2 comments:

  1. Pretty background, and so many matching sparkly sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun shaker--love the colorful sequins!
    Thanks for joining us at Avery Elle Challenge!

    ReplyDelete