Monday 11 August 2014

A die-hard hero...

Hi there,

I'm sharing a card I have made for the challenge going on over at the awesome A Blog Named Hero, which is 'Die a little', and here are all the deets...



And here is my card...





I started by stamping, and heat embossing in clear powder, this gorgeous 'Leaf and Floral background' by Hero Arts.  I then used Distress stains in Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, and Spiced Marmalade to cover my background, and spritzed with water mixed with Mica powder to blend and give some nice shimmer.  I then took my 'Stitched butterfly' die from Lil' Inkers, and die cut three butterflies from my background, I also did this with a another piece of white card, so I could paper piece my die-cuts ( the absolute beauty of this technique means you get two cards for the price of one!  Bonus :) ) - so here's my 'other' card ...sounds kinda sordid LOL.




My sentiment is from the Hero Arts 'Friends' set.  I stamped it on Kraft card in Versmark ink, heat embossed using Ranger's 'Black Sparkle', and matted onto a trim of black card to make it 'pop'.

I finished my cards with a simple embellishment of two 'Wood effect enamel dots' from Freckled Fawn and there you have it.  A simple but effective card I hope you agree.

I also did the same design, but with a different colour palette and a few changes, so I thought I would share these with you also.




I hope you like them all.  As always, I would love to read any comments.

Thanks for your time.

Jillxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment