Wednesday 6 August 2014

Family love...

Hi everyone,

Just want to share a card I have made for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, which this week is 'In The Family, and you can find all the details here...

Simon Monday Challenge Blog



Now, to me, family isn't defined by biology, it is defined by love, and here is my entry...





I decided to use some supplies I hadn't used in a loooooong time - my alcohol inks!!  So my background is a mix of Blue, Pool, Yellow and Gold alcohol inks, with a tag coloured to match in distress inks.  I then stamped both the background and tag using this lovely sentiment, which sums up my thoughts on family to perfection, using Sheena Douglas's 'Only word's, Through the rain' stamp set and over-laid them so the stamping would match up whilst giving dimension.  

I decorated the card using some vellum and an EK Success 'Doily' border punch, some twine and sequins.

I've gotta say, I really enjoyed making my background with the alcohol inks, and have been inspired to experiment a little further with them.

Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave a comment.

Jillxxx








5 comments:

  1. Jill this is beautiful! You achieved a beautiful background with those alcohol inks. So pretty! I love that sentiment too. Thank you for sharing your card with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! There are so many details about it that I love. I think you did some amazing things with the alcohol inks and the color palette you chose makes me drool (in a good way). I have also never seen that technique before of gluing down a tag and including it as part of the background that was stamped on. That was totally original! And yes- I agree that this sentiment really does nail this week's theme of family. You also did a great job of making the Doily punch look fresh-- love how you used it on vellum! Thank you so much for the inspiration and for sharing this beautiful card with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, i'm blushing! thank you all so much for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on winning the Simon Says Stamp spotlight! Well deserved on a beautiful work of art!

    ReplyDelete