Friday 8 August 2014

Simon Says Sparkle...

Hi there,

I'm going to share a card I made for the always awesome, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which this week is 'Make it Sparkle'.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

Also this week, Simon Says Stamp, are showcasing the incredible, Neat and Tangled, who I LOVE, so a total double whammy of fun for me this week!


And here is my design...


 


Sparkle...you either love it, or you hate it...and I definitely fall into the 'love it' category!  I have no problem with being a little over the top, life's to short to shy away from glitter I say!!  

I started with my DCWV 'Twinkle stack' and chose my two feature colours, I went with a delicious full on sparkle silver, and a more subdued gun-metal.  I cut my gun-metal sheet with Lawn Fawn's 'journal card' die, and heat embossed Neat and Tangled's 'My favourite'  (one of my favourite stamps ever ever ever) in silver embossing powder on the front.  I used Cosmic Shimmer's 'Gunmetal' glitter paste over a Studio Calico 'Falling Star' mask to give added sparkle and texture to the background.  I added a few gorgeous shimmery ribbons as little flags and tabs, and kept it very simple (three layers of glitter is quite enough to have going on, even for me haha) by embellishing with a few little sparkly gems.  

And there you have it.

I really hope you like it and would love to read your comments.

Jillxxx





1 comment:

  1. Oh what a lovely sparkly card and great sentiment too.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete