Thursday 9 July 2015

Wild foil...

Hi everybody,

Hope you're all well.

I'm getting in touch with my wild side today...


..by going crazy with leopard print!


So foiling is EVERYWHERE at the moment;  it's the 'trend du jour' for sure, and I'm all for it!  I love the look you get with foiling, and, although it can seem a little scary, and like you need expensive machines etc, that's really need not the case, and with the right tools, the look can be really easy to achieve. (...although blumming hard to photograph!).


I used the genius product 'Stick-it' to help with my foiling.  I added my Stick-It to a piece of card, die-cut my letter's using Lawn Fawn's 'Quinn's abc's, removed the protective sheet and covered in the ridiculously cool and quirky, Thermoweb Gold Leopard Deco foil.  I then ran all my die-cut pieces through my Laminator (a cheap as chips one) so that the foil would adhere to the Stick-it.  I LOVE how my letters turned out - I am a huge fan of leopard print, it just makes me smile, but if you're not, the other colours in the collection are also gorgeous!  
My leopard is actually the cat from Mama Elephant's Three Amigo's set.  Sadly, I can't take credit for the idea to change him into a leopard, I saw someone else do it out there in blog land and just HAD to try it and, well, this was the perfect opportunity! 

To make up my scene, I inked my background, water-colour washed a seperate piece of card to cut Lawn Fawn's Grassy Border from, coloured a few elements from Lawn Fawn's Blissful Botanics and fussy cut.
I put all my elements together using foam adhesive for added dimension and matted onto a piece of card edged with more leopard print foil.  I finished with a tie of twine, and there you have it.  I hope you like my walk on the wild side, it's fun to let your leopard out once in a while :)

See you next week.

Jillx

No comments:

Post a Comment