Monday 29 June 2015

A Sketchy Hello...

Hi There,

I would like to share a card I have made for the current challenge going on over at the awesome A Blog Named Hero.

Here are all the details...
 A Blog Named Hero Sketch Challenge
Here is the sketch...
                                                        
And here is my card...




So, the awesome and delightful,  Krisitna Werner,  did a 'Live Chat' on YouTube the other day.  I asked her, 'with so many new stamp sets released all the time, how do you make sure your older sets still see the light of day'.  Kristina answered that she regularly goes through her collection, and pulls out any sets she hasn't use in a while and would like to re-visit, and makes sure to use them.  'Well', I thought, 'if it's good enough for Kristina, it's good enough for me!'.  So that's exactly what I did, and I chose to give some love to the gorgeous little chaps form the Hero arts 'Happy Day Animals' Set.



I started by stamping out my sentiment from the Hero Arts 'Heyday Sentiments' set, and heat embossing in white powder, to use as a resist.  I then washed over the rest of my card using Distress Inks - Mermaid Lagoon, Tumbled Glass, and Evergreen Bough - then set aside to dry.
I punched out three circles and stamped out my chosen characters.  I then grabbed everyone's new favourite toys - my Zig Real Colour Brush Pens - and coloured my little cuties in.  I added a band of teeny little love hearts across the top of my card, in Mustard Seed Distress Ink, (mixed with a little water), to keep in line with the original sketch, and covered these in Glossy Accents for a little extra interest.  I added a wrap of bright yellow twine before adhering my little framed fellas over the top, using foam adhesive to add some dimension.  I then matted the whole thing onto a black card base, leaving only the edges peeking out because, well, because I like it like that :)

And there you have it.  I have loved giving this older set some love, and am going to make sure all my collection receives the love it so rightly deserves!

I hope you like it.

see you next time.

Jillxxx

2 comments: