Thursday 23 July 2015

Just Because...


 Hi everybody,

I've got some simple colouring on kraft to share with you today.


I'm a massive fan of kraft card, and I especially love colouring with pencils on it, it creates such an organic look.


I used the, oh so pretty, 'Bejeweled' set from Altenew for today's card.

I started by stamping out the butterfly, twice, once on my card panel, and a second time on a separate piece of kraft card, and heat embossing in white.  I then got out my coloured pencils, (I used Crafter's Companion but obviously any would work), and coloured my second butterfly in, using soft pinks with a splash of yellow to help make the colours pop.  I stamped out my sentiment, again heat embossing in white, and cut around it.  Like I said, I love the organic look and wanted to keep that theme throughout, so wasn't too concerned about perfection.  I also cut a piece of vellum to put behind my sentiment for a bit of extra pretty...coz we all need some extra pretty, right?
I then layered all my pieces on top of one another, adding some gold twine behind the whole thing.  I wanted my butterfly to really stand of from the card, so added some foam tape behind the wings to really make them stand proud.


I finished with a scattering of clear domed gems as I thought they worked perfect with the pretty simplicity I was aiming for.  And there you have it.  I love this set, it's really good for all types of colouring, and I especially love the sentiments in it, the fonts are clean and modern and have really sweet simple messages.  I hope you like it.

Jillx

No comments:

Post a Comment