Tuesday 14 July 2015

Rainbow Birds...

Hi everyone,

I made a card for the current Mama Elephant Flickr Challenge, and I like to keep me all in one place, so thought I'd share it here too.  This time round, it's all about the Rainbows, and here's my card...



I started by tracing around a circle, in pencil, on a piece of watercolour card, and stamping out this uber cute little birdie from Mama Elephant's 'Splendid' set, in Black Versafine, and clear heat embossing.  I then coloured each of my little birds in, using everybody's new favourite toys, the Zig Clean Real Brush Pens, following a rainbow of colour around the circle.  I then covered them in Glossy Accents - now, weirdly enough, once my Glossy Accents had dried, the colour from the Zig pens had gone really pale and wishy washy, and in the case of the light blue, had literally completely disappeared and gone a dull grey colour (?), so I actually went back over the top using alcohol markers to bring the vibrancy of the colours back.  Bizarre eh?  It doesn't put me off the pens at all, as they are, without a shadow of a doubt, amazing...just be warned...don't put Glossy Accents over them!  I then stamped out my sentiment form the same 'Splendid' stamp set, again in Black Versafine, and heat embossed in Black Sparkle powder to get a few more 'Rainbow' colours going on.  I was over the moon with how my sentiment fit in the middle of my circle, and think the font intermingles so well with the swirls of the birds.

 

I wanted to stick to a clean and simple look, so simply matted onto black card to really make the rainbow colours 'pop', and that was that.

Follow the link to go check out what everyone else has come up with.
See you next time.

Jillx



No comments:

Post a Comment