Friday 31 July 2015

A friend for all seasons

Hi everybody,

I hope you're doing just fine.


Well, well, well, what suprise, we're in July, the peak of the, not so fabulous, British summer ... and it has rained non-stop up here in Newcastle for the last 3 days!

So I thought this card was particualrly fitting...


I used Mama Elephant's 'Chance Of Rain' set to make my card.  I adore this set...it's the little bear in his little raincoat, he is just beyond adorable, the expression on his face just makes me chuckle!


I started by stamping out all my elements, coloured them using Crafter's Companion's pencils, and fussy cut.  I then used Tumbled Glass, Mermaid Lagoon, and Mustard seed Distress Inks to create a watercolour wash background, which, once dry, I added some sparkly raindrops to, using a stencil and some sparkle paste.  I then stamped out my sentiment, into one of the empty cloud shapes that comes in the set, and onto vellum, setting with clear embossing powder,  
Now I love vellum, but there's always the, 'hmmmm, how am I gonna attatch it?', vellum conundrum that comes with it.  Well, I think I may have just found the answer...the wonder pruduct that is 'Stick-it'.  Now excuse me if I'm a little late to this party, and y'all are like, 'erm, yeah Jill, everybody knows that', but I didn't!  I was wondering how to adhere it, and thought I'd give it a shot and see how much the Stick-it showed up behind, so stuck to the back and cut down to the same size - and it was all but invisible!  Now, I'm not sure how it would look on, say, plain white card, (I'm gonna have a little play), but it worked an absolute treat here!  


My little characters are all adhered using foam tape for some dimension, and there you have it.

I really hope you like it, and, even if you all already knew the Stick-it/vellum secret...can we at least pretend I made a discovery :)

As always, all product s I used are linked below so be sure to click and peek!

See you next week.

Jillx

Chance of Rain      Stick It Die Cut Adhesive Sheets (pack of 5) Large


No comments:

Post a Comment