Saturday 10 January 2015

Winter wishes...

Hi everyone,

Well boy oh boy, it is freeeeezing up here in North England, so what more perfect challenge to play along with than the one going on over at Lawnscaping at the minute, which is a 'Winter themed mood board', and here is the mood board...



And here is where it took me...







I used 'Evergreen Bough' and 'Seedless Preserve' DistressInks to watercolour wash my background, by smooshing them onto my craft sheet, misting with water and white pearl mica powder, then running my card through the inks.  I then used a scalloped edge border die, and cut several layers of vellum to create this frill effect.  I then cut Lawn Fawn's Forest Border die from this gorgeous teal green glitzy paper from DCWV, and tidied the edge by adding a wrap of ribbon with a little tie for added detail.  I stamped my sentiment, which is from Lawn Fawn's 'Joy to the Woods' set, in Versmark, and heat embossed using this beautiful 'Sea glass' embossing powder from 'WOW'.  

I really hope you like it, I think it's really simple, but really pretty.  I'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment :)

Jillxxx

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! I love the colors you used, and the layered scallop borders create such a fun dimension to your project! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and feminine! I love all the scalloped layers. Lovely color palette too. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - this is wonderful - absolutely LOVE the colors you chose for your card! Thanks for sharing with us at Lawnscaping! Hugs, Karin Ã…kesdotter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your color palette is so pretty for a winter themed card. I'm not sure what I love more, the glittery treeline or the scallop layers! Beautiful job! Thank you for playing with us at Lawnscaping. -Roxanne

    ReplyDelete