Thursday 15 January 2015

Simply New beginnings...

Hi everybody,

I would like to share another card I have made for this week's challenge at 'Less Is More', which is a 'One Layer Card' challenge, with the theme is 'New Beginnings'.

And here's my card...




My loved ones and myself are facing a 'new beginnig' of our own, one we would rather not be, but I used that as my inspiration for this card, to send us some 'Happy thoughts' to get us through the rough times.

My main image is made using Paper Smooches, 'Lovely Thoughts' set.  It is one of those sets where you get the separate elements, and build up your image using the different parts.  I was using it just with normal inks and couldn't get it to look how I wanted, then had the idea to stamp it in Versamark, and use various embossing powders to build up the parts, so that's exactly what I did.  I have to say, without blowing my own trumpet, I love how it came out.  I used Wow embossing powder in Gold Sparkle, Copper, and Fool's Gold to build up my rose, and the leaves and spots are in Teal.  My sentiment is built up using Mama Elephant's 'Happy Everything' set.  The 'Happy' is embossed using Ranger's Black Sparkle powder, and the 'thoughts', is heat embossed in Wow's 'Silver Sparkle'. 

I really hope you like it, and would love to read any comments.

Love always,
jillxxx

3 comments:

  1. Another FANTASTIC card Jill
    Love your style and thanks for taking part again.
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another simply terrific one Jill... I love the colour choice in this one!
    Thanks again
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete