Monday 5 January 2015

Black and white and from the heart...

Hi everyone,

Well, I knew I hadn't blogged in a long time, but woah...I didn't realise it was that long!  I won't go into detail but it's down to some really hard times me and my family are going through.

So I needed an escape, to take my mind off things, and is if by magic, the delightful Tara from, the amazing, 'Make The Day Special' had mentioned this challenge at, "Less is More", on Facebook.  It's a colour challenge - 'Black, Metallic, + one' (leaving a lot of white space).  Now I'm from Newcastle upon Tyne UK, and up here, we take our football pretty seriously.  The team my family, (especially my dad and brother) support is, Newcastle United, who's team colours are 'Black and White'.  Instantly, I knew it was time to 'get back on the horse'.

And here's my card...










I have been crazy about the recent 'bokeh effect' trend, but was yet to try it for myself, so thought I would see how it looks on black card...and here's how I achieved the look...



So once I had created my 'Bokeh effect' black card, I die cut a heart from it, also die-cutting a heart from my front card panel at the same time, and inlaid these two pieces.  I then die-cut the word 'Love' from the panel, using Paper Smooches word die, heat embossing this piece in Silver Sparkle to give me my metallic element.  I then inlaid all my pieces to give me one layer.  I then cut a few different stamps up to get the other words I wanted and built up my sentiment, heat embossing the separate words in red and black.  I cut the Paper Smooches 'Tiny Hearts dies' and heat embossed the tiny pieces in red embossing powder and used to embellish and finish my piece off.  And there you have it, I really hope you like it.

 xxx


And Dad, this is for you.
I will Love you, always
xxx

5 comments:

  1. This is a super gorgeous card Jill and so thrilled you're joined the challenge.
    Perfectly CAS and stunning colour choice and layout.
    Hope you'll get chance to do more creating and blogging.
    Sarah
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I tempted you to play Jill - your card is stunning! Loving the bokeh.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply super! Great design!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that technique - just tried it out myself....Wonderful card! Congrats on your shout-out at LIM!

    ReplyDelete