Saturday 10 January 2015

recycle recycle recycle...

Hi everyone,

A quick post to share a card I made for the challenge going on over at my favourite place on the Internet, Make Day Special, and the theme this month is - Recycle!



Now, I' guessing I'm not the only one who does this, but I'm a bit of a box hoarder!  I can't seem to throw a good box away!  However, I am also a completely OCD, and the clutter from the random boxes, drives me nuts!  So I thought, 'perfect, I'll recycle an old box, and make a card from it', and here's where it took me...

the offending box...


and the card I made from it...






So everything on the card, other than the base, and the smidge of Lawn Fawn patterned paper, are from that cardboard box.  This card was one of those times when you're really not sure where you're going, or what you're doing, and certainlly have no idea where you're going to end up...but you just keep going and hope for the best haha.  I cut the frames using Mama Elephants, 'Index Card' set, trimming a small amount off the inner panel to create a frame within a frame.  The glasses, 'Hey' sentiment, and all the little hearts are cut using Paper Smooches dies, and heat embossed using various WoW embossing poweder.  The 'Glasses dies', are inlaid into the background to keep everything tidy, and I created my own background panel by repeatedly stamping this 'Hi' sentiment from Paper Smooches 'My peeps' set, and clear embossing it.

I'm still not 100% sure what I even think of this card, it's a little ker-azy for me haha, but hey ho, it is what it is.

I hope you like it.

Jillxxx

6 comments:

  1. I love it Jill! Great recycling - the box adds instant dimension and I love the sparkle from the embossing.
    Thanks for playing along with our challenge - we seemed to have scared most everyone off this month!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tara, I noticed the submissions board has stayed a little bare! what a shame, it's fun changing things up x

      Delete
  2. What an awesome idea for instant dimension, very pretty card too. Did you have any problems stamping on the card with it not being a totally stable surface?
    Becci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becci, suprisingly not! however, the stamp i used was only small & eaily managable. i dare say a larger stamp would be trickier? thanks so much for your kind words x

      Delete
  3. Hey Jill, I'm a box hoarder too...you never know when they'll come in handy ;)
    Using for card making has given you a great result...love the dimension it's added to the design :)
    Thank you for playing along with our challenge this month at Make the Day Special Stamp Store.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done, Jill! I do the same – keep wrapping paper and card board boxes and then I'm always happy when I can finally use it up :)

    Thanks so much for playing in our Make the Day Special challenge this month – I hope we'll seen you again with your creations next month!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete