Thursday 22 January 2015

Love Life...


Hi everybody,

I'd like to share a card I have made for this weeks challenge going on over at Lawnscaping, and this week, the challenge is, 'Create a background'.

Lawnscaping Challenge


And here's my card...



  

I started by stamping out this cute little cloud from Lawn Fawn's 'Hello Sunshine' set, all over my piece of card.  I then took my newest addition to my craft room, my Crafter's Companion 'Spectrum Aqua' pens, and coloured around my clouds in a couple of different blues.  I then heavily spritzed water all over my paper to get the colours to bleed, spread & blend to get this watercolour effect.  I then edged my clouds with a little American Crafts chunky glitter, and that was my background finished.  Because the challenge was all about the background, I wanted to keep the rest of my card very simple.  I stamped the birds from Lawn Fawn's 'love life' set, and (now, I understand this was probably a little pointless considering my card was white lol), painted them white (yup, pointless).  I also stamped the banner, from Lawn Fawn's  'Home sweet home' set, and the sentiment from the 'Love Life' set onto vellum.  I cut out all my little bits, and built up my card, matting on black card to help the sweet simplicity of the design 'pop'.

I hope you like it, I'd love to read your thoughts.

See you soon,
Jillxxx


3 comments:

  1. Lovely card, love the glitterness around the clouds! Lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the glitter around the clouds it is so clever! Adorable card! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty!!!!!! that glitter around the clouds is AWESOME!!! such a good idea! i totally forgot about those whimsical birds from the Love Life set!!! LOVE them!!! thanks for playing along this week with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete