Thursday 15 January 2015

When life gives you lemons...

Hi everyone,

I just want to share the final card I have made to enter into this weeks challenge at 'Less Is More'.  The Challenge is for a 'One Layer Card', with the theme of 'New Beginnings'.

And here's my card...




I had actually finished my crafting for the day yesterday, and was in the middle of tidying up (slight OCD), when my brand spanking new Crafter's Companion 'Aqua Markers' were delivered...so obviously had to get everything back out and give them a whirl!  I'm a Pro Marker girl myself, but used Crafter's Companion for the first time when I bought their coloured pencils quite recently.  I was really impressed with the quality of them, and am a watercolour fanatic, so decided to give the new Aqua pens a blast.  I haven't played enough yet to really get a good feel for them, but I think they're gonna be a welcome addition to my craft room.  
The stamp set I've used is the new 'Berry Good' set from Avery Elle, which I just love.  I stamped out my lemon using black Versafine, and clear heat embossed.  I then tested out my markers to colour it in.  Once dry, I stamped out my sentiment, form the same set, again, in black Versafine, and again, clear heat embossed.  And there you have it.  Just about as simple as they come, but I hope the colours, and the sentiment, pack enough of a punch to still make an imapct.

I realy hope you like it, and love reading your comments.

Love always,
jillxxx

3 comments:

  1. WOWZERS Jill you are on a roll.
    3 Fantastic cards and you've only just found our challenge blog.
    Great work and thanks for sharing your cards
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super stamp and card Jill !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you really on a roll this week Jill, another super one!
    Thanks so much... as ever!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete