Friday 15 January 2016

One layer of leaves and copper...


Hi everybody,

I hope you are well.

I'd like to share a card with you which I have made for the current challenge going on over at A Blog Named Hero, where this time round, the challenge is to make a 'One Layer Card'.


And here's my offering...


I used Hero Arts Graphic Leaves background stamp to make my card. 


 I started by masking off the whole of the back of my card blank so as not to get it covered in ink, and also masked an inch strip along the front of my card to leave a space for my sentiment. I then stamped out my Graphic leaves background in Pine Needles Distress Ink, and clear heat embossed.  Once cool, I coloured all my different leaves using different shades of green Distress (Evergreen Bough, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Cracked Pistachio, Shabby Shutters), using the inks as watercolour, and left to dry.  Once dry, i stamped out a thin strip at the top and bottom of my masked area, in Versamark ink, and heat embossed in copper.  I then took my sentiment from Hero Art's Essential Messages, and again, heat embossed in copper.  The copper looked so pretty against the green, and because I was making a 'one layer card' I knew I wouldn't be embellishing - so decided to add a little extra detail - I took a Perfect Medium bullet nib pen, and traced around a few of my background leaves, and also heat embossed them in copper.


And there you have it. 

I really hope you like it and would love to read your comments, so please feel free to leave one :)

See you next time.

Jillx

2 comments:

  1. I like to just scroll through all the posts and only click on the few that really catch my eye - yours def does that! Love all the greens and the copper accents were a brilliant idea. Def gonna case it! 😉 Thx for sharing

    ReplyDelete