Friday 29 January 2016

Monkey Business...

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and today, I'm monkeying around...


...with the new release from MFT, Monkey Business...


How cute are these little chaps?  I'm really excited to start building up my MFT's collection from the store - and with sets like this - who can blame me?!
I wasn't sure where I wanted to go with this card when I first started, I just knew I couldn't wait a minute longer to ink these cheeky monkeys up!  I stamped a few of them out, (the set actually contains FIVE different monkeys - all as cute and fun as the next), masking each one as I went to create my little scene.  I added the little mound from another new MFT set, 'Ewe are the best', (another insanely cute set that I could not resist), to give them a little beachy verge to hang out on.
I coloured them with my Copics, and masked them off once again to create an inky background.  The sentiment is included in the Monkey Business set, along with a load of other funny phrases that I just think will be great for so many different people and occasions.  Once I'd finished my little scene, I decided I'd turn it into a full frontal shaker.  You get a load of extra banana's in the set, and I thought it would be fun to colour and cut a load out to add as little shaker elements, so that's what I did!


I also used the 'loose banana' stamps to add interest to my kraft card frame, and added a bunch of, yup you guessed it, bananas, to finish off my card.


I really hope you like it, and I can't wait to see what mischief you all get these little fellas into with your creations!

As always, everything I used is linked below so be sure to check it out.

See you next week.

Jillx


Cheeky Monkey StampEwe Are The Best Stamp



No comments:

Post a Comment