Monday 25 January 2016

MFT Colour Challenge 37...

Hi there,

Today I'm sharing a card I have made for the current MFT's Colour Challenge.  
This is the first time I have ever entered anything into a MFT Card Challenge, and I am over the moon to be taking part this time round.  I've been building my collection of all their goodies up recently, and now just can't stop playing with all the deliciousness :)

So here's the colour palette...


And here's my card...


I wanted to create something really soft and pretty, so went with a load of watercolour.


I started by stamping out the, beyond beautiful, MFT Lace background, (Oh my word, it is breathtakingly stunning - and has straight away jumped to the top of my absolute faves!), onto watercolour card, and heat embossed in white powder.  I then smooshed a ton of ink spritzed with water, matching the challenge palette, on top of the pattern, and left to dry,
I then cut MFT's 'Scribble Roses Overlay Dienamic', stamped out some leaves from MFT's Sweet Roses set, and again swooshed the pieces in the challenge palette colours.  I wanted to create a really soft romantic piece, so, before building my card up, I added a wrap of vellum over my whole background.  It created just the look I wanted. 


I added a couple of different elements of lace, a twirl of white twine, and built up my scene over the top.  My sentiment is from the new MFT 'Some Bunny' set that I cut up (ouch-sorry).  I wanted to use it as it was really small and simple and fitted perfect with what I wanted my card to look like, so I heat embossed it in silver to keep it very subtle .  
I finished with a scattering of sequins and gems, and there you have it.

I really hope you like it and would love to read your comments, so please feel free to leave them!

Hopefully see you next time :)

Jillx

No comments:

Post a Comment