Friday 11 March 2016

A splash of colour to brighten your life...

Hi guys,

Well, it's been a long time since I had a chance to play along with the delightful Lawnscaping Challenge blog, so I'm thrilled to be sharing a card today which I have made for the current challenge, and this time round, the 'theme' is 'Colour Splash'.


And here's my card...


First off, what an original theme?!  'Colour Splash - Make a black and white creation with a splash of colour' - a new one to me, and one which I thouroughly enjoyed, so much so...I made 2 cards :)  But we're here to talk about this one so...stick with the programme, Jill!
I started by stamping out this uber cute chick from the brand new Chirpy Chirp Chirp set, and the umbrella from the Hello Baby set, twice.  Once onto my card panel so I knew where I wanted my scene to be, and once on a seperate piece of card so I could colour, fussy cut, then over-lay back onto my card, for my 'Splash of Colour'.  I also cut and coloured a fragment of the Grassy Border die,
I then die-cut a circle from some masking paper and placed over my panel, took the raindrop stamp from the Hello Sunshine set, and repeatedly stamped it within my circle....which was a complete waste of time as you really can't tell it is in a circle haha.  I then stamped out a couple of clouds form the same Hello Sunshine set, onto a seperate piece of card, and fussy cut. 



I adhered all my elements in place using a mix of wet glue and foam adhesive, and stamped my sentiment, from the Life's a Beach set beneath, in black ink and clear heat embossed.
I then matted my panel onto black card to help my scene 'pop', mounted the whole thing onto a white card base, and that was that.

I really hope you like it and would love to read any comments so please feel free to leave one :)

See you soon.

Jillx



3 comments: