Wednesday 16 March 2016

A Neat Tangle of Ombre...

Hi everybody,

I'd like to share a card I have made to play along with the latest challenge going on over at the amazing Neat and Tangled, Little Tangles challenge blog.  I've been out of the game playing along with challenges recently, but am so excited to get back in the saddle and start having some fun again!  So, this time round, the Little Tangles challenge is, Ombre.  Well boy oh boy...I love me a bit of Ombre!
And here's my card...


I started by repeatedly stamping out one the strip stamps form Neat and Tangled's 'On The Strip 2', on a panel of white card, using a variety of inks, going from a dark green/blue, to a light green/blue.  I then used Mama Elephant's Index Card Creative Cut to cut a stitched panel from the centre, and the scalloped edge panel to cut a piece from kraft card.  


I then took another piece of white card and inked the edges up in the same 'ombre' colours and gradation as my front panel.
I then took Neat and Tangled's 'Hope Anchors', inked it up in Versamark, and heat embossed using a beautiful Copper Wow embossing powder.  I just think Blue/Green and Copper are stunning together!


I built up my card using a mix of wet glue and foam tape for a little dimension, embellished with a scattering of co-ordinating sequins, and there you have it.
I enjoyed creating this design so much, I made another, using the same techniques, but a different colour way...



I really hope you like them, and would love to read your thoughts, so please feel free to leave nay comments.

Hopefully see you soon.

Jillx



2 comments:

  1. Oooh, these are awesome!! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow your cards are so fabulous.. Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete