Sunday 19 October 2014

Lawnscaping Facebook call...

Hi everyone,

I want to share another card I have made to put forward for the call Lawnscaping Challenges have put out, to be part of their Facebook design team.  I mean, can you actually imagine how cool that would be?  Just the thought of it gets me giddy lol.  ...but before we get into that. I have some awesome Lawnscaping related news to share...I only just went and won a 'Top Mow-It-All' place in their most recent challenge (Patterned Papers), with this card behind this link!!!  I can't tell you how happy this has made me, I even done a little squeal haha.  I would love to think this was a sign from Universe lol, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, my eyes scrunched, and my nose crinkled, until the winners are announced!

So, back to reality Jill, back to reality...

Here's my second card...




You can enter up to 3 times, and I plan on using all my lives here!  I want to enter 3 different styles to show my different sides.

The idea with this card was to make it all about the background, and to create an Ombre effect, using one stamp, with different inks.  So I used this cool vine from Lawns Fawn's, 'Blissful Botanicals', and repeatedly stamped it, switching it around each time. I used Distress Inks, and went dark to light (Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Tattered Rose, and Spun Sugar).  My sentiment is cut from Lawn Fawns 'Thanks' word die, which I cut a few times, and glued together, then covered in Versamrk ink and Ranger's Black Sparkle embossing powder.  i then watercolour washed a piece of card, using Picked Raspberry distress ink, misted with water & mica powder, and cut a Spellbinders frame from it.  I then cut the 'Thanks' die from this frame, and in-laid the whole thing to my background.  Now hindsight is a wonderful thing, right?  And I can now see that this was a complete waste of my time and energy as it would look exactly the same had I of just popped the sentiment die-cut right on top of the frame, and not messed around with in-laying...but I did, so hey ho!  I finished by adding some little ribbons I had cut into a flag, tab, and banner and topped with a little black twine bow, embellished with a scattering of gems, and there you have it.

I really like simple graphic cards, and I definitely think this falls into that category, so am really pleased with how it came out.  I hope you like it too.  As always, I would love to read your comments.

Wish me luck :)
See you next time.

Jillxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment