Friday 20 June 2014

Neat and tangled watercolour challenge...

Hi everyone,

A quick post to share a card I have made for the Neat and Tangled blog challenge, which this week is...wait for it...watercolour :) :) :)



Anyone who has ever glimpsed at my page before will know it's pretty much my favourite thing in the world, and Neat and Tangled stamps are just sooooo perfect to use with it so...well, how can a girl resist!

And here's my card...









I created the background by misting some distress inks on my craft sheet and pulling my watercolour paper through it (mustard seed, spiced marmalade, scattered straw, and dried marigold).  I then stamped the delightful 'My favourite' stamp in a really pale yellow colour and then traced over the top in Peerless watercolour paint (Japonica Scarlett and Orange yellow).  I love how this gives the whole image that awesome watercolour effect instead of it being block ink.  I then gave the card a few 'flicks' with my brush to get some nice 'splatters', and embellished with a couple sequins, and a small wood veneer heart that I coloured and clear heat embossed.  

I love the colours on this card, we don't get much sunshine here in Newcastle, U.K, so it's lovely to create my own :)

I hope you like it, please feel free to leave a comment xxx


1 comment:

  1. Another gorgeous card, love the vibrancy of this one. Thanks again for joining us :)

    ReplyDelete