Monday 23 June 2014

Do more of the things you love...

Hi everyone,

A quick post to share another card I have made for Neat and tangled 'Little tangles' challenge, which this week, is 'watercolour'.  I love Neat and tangled stamps, and I love watercolour, so it's no surprise that I''m jumping all over this one haha.




And here's what I came up with...




I made a mask by die-cutting the Lil -Inker 'stitched butterfly' from an Inkadinkado masking sheet, and used both the positive and negative parts to create this effect.  I masked off the background/surround to start with and pulled my card through some misted distress inks to colour the butterflies (I think it was mustard seed, peacock feathers, spiced marmalade, and picked raspberry).  Once dried, i then masked off the butterflies so i could watercolour the background/surround, again using distress inks as my watercolour medium (picked raspberry and mustard seed).

I then stamped and heat embossed the delightful 'Dream' stamp in 'liquid platinum' embossing powder and embellished with some ribbon banners, a wee little ribbon 'jean tag', and some little silver hearts which I covered in glossy accents.

I then matted onto black card, and foam mounted the whole thing onto some pool coloured glitter card, just for a hint of sparkle.

I am really happy with how this turned out, I love the contrast between the two separate watercolour washes, and think it almost looks like tie-die.

I hope you like it, please feel free to leave a comment

jill xxx

2 comments:

  1. Jill this is amazing!!! I love the colors! Thank you for playing along at Little Tangles :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles :)

    ReplyDelete