Tuesday 8 April 2014

You are so loved...

Hi everyone,

just wanted to share a cute and simple card I made for the April challenge over at make the day special.  It is the most amazing online shop selling rare and hard to get stamps from the USA.  I LOVE IT!  Can't say the same for my bank balance but, meh, enjoy it while you can I say (to myself.  all the time.  I kinda have to.  It's that or admit I've got a problem haha).

I used Mama elephant's 'love from above'...soooo cute.  See, this is the problem, how can you look at a stamp set like this and not need to have it in your life!  I just have no will power to say no!

So here it is...



                       



I coloured the little cherub in using distress inks as watercolours.  I can't tell you how obssessed with this technique I am at the moment.  I think it's great how we fall back in love with techniques and effects, you get to have fun with them all over again...and again :)

So a very simple card, watercoloured image with a little tag of ribbon and a few punched out hearts.

Hope you like it, please feel free to leave a comment.


3 comments:

  1. Your right that's a cute set ...and a cute card. Thanks so much for joining in at make the day special.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - it's a super cutie alright ;-) I love how your used the ribbons - they really draw the eye to the focal image.
    Thanks again for your very kind words and continued support of our first challenge at Make the Day Special Stamp Store.
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree!!!! I have this stamp set and it hasn't seen ink yet!!
    A real cute card Jill, I love your soft colouring of the image and the ribbon banners :0)
    Thanks for joining in with our first challenge at MtDS x

    ReplyDelete