Tuesday 29 April 2014

Simon says...keep it clean nad simple

Hi everyone,

I want to share a card I have made for the awesome Simon Says Stamp Wednesday blog challenge,

The challenge this week was to 'keep it clean and simple' with optional extra to use one layer, and they were 'showcasing' hero arts products...well, who doesn't love hero arts, right?  One of my absolute all time favourites!

So, here's what I came up with...



I am in love with watercolours at the momet, and treat myself to a gorgeous Pebeo half pan set which I used for this card.

I used Hero Arts 'Tiny flags' background stamp which I stamped and heat embossed in clear powder.  I then chose a selection of colours from my set, which I thought would go well together, and washed each colour across the card in a equal measures.  Once completely dry, I ironed off the embossing powder to create a flat 'batik' effect.  I then used Paper smooches 'pretty phrases' (which I love and use all the time) to stamp my sentimentint, and embellished with a simple grey enamel dot.

I really like how this card came out and think it could work really well as an, ever daunting, masculine card.

I really hope you like it, please feel free to leave a comment xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment