Friday 4 April 2014

A sprinkle of imagination...

Hello,

How is everyone?  I'm doing great, despite the grim weather we have been having 'up north'!  It seems the rest of the U.K was enjoying the first flutters of spring whilst we were shrouded in a wet grey nasty fog!  Nevermind...perfect excuse to sit indoors and get messy with some inks eh?

I recentley discovered  an amazing online craft supply shop called a sprinkle of imagination.  I couldn't believe I hadn't heard of them before!  Amazing shop with amazing brands and products on offer, right up my alley!  In anycase, I did the first thing anybody in this day and age would do...& 'liked' them on facebook haha.  The even better news is they have regular challenges for folk to play along with, and I do love a good challenge.  

So I got stuck straight in with my first play along, which happened to be a colour challenge, and can be found here - a sprinkle of colour      

 ...and here is the palette...



                                       



beautiful clours to work with I'm sure you'll agree.

And here's what I came up with...





...and I made it with these supplies...



I created my background using distress inks (in seedless preserve, bundled sage and shabby shutters), rubbing each colour on my craft sheet, misting with water, and pulling my card through. It creates a gorgeous 'watercolour' effect which I just love.  

I used Indigo Blu's 'Summer Lovin' as my main stamped image.  I pulled out the colour from the parts I wanted to stand out more by adding water and dabbing with kitchen paper.  I then de-coupaged a few of the flowers and painted them using distress inks (seedless preserve, shabby shutters & fired brick) as watercolours once agian.

I used a sentiment from Sam Poole's 'Art sayings', cut up, inked using distess inks again, and added to the front using foam pads for dimension.

I hope you like it.  Please feel free to leave a comment :)




3 comments:

  1. Nice work!! love the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, I love the stamp you've used. Thanks for entering the challenge with A Sprinkle of Imagination this time.

    ReplyDelete