Friday 24 May 2013

owl wish you a happy birthday...

Here is a card I made for one of my best friends, who lives on the other side of the world from me in Autralia!  She loves owls as much as I do so was a bit of a no brainer on what to put on her card...







I honestly can't remember where the owls stamps were from - I have plenty of little owls in my stash and I just took a fancy to using these.  I stamped them out in various colours using my delicious 'hero arts shadow inks'.  The sentiment is also hero arts from the 'it's your birthday' set and is stamped in versamark, then heat embossed using white embossing powder.  The little red owls (although they don't really show up very well as owls on the piccie :/ ) are a product of my amazing melt pot.  I actually used one of my earrings to make an owl mould, which I then filled with red UTEE, and added a little extra detail on using white & black Sakura pens.  i then used my favourite 6" x 6" kraft card blank as my base, added a little faux stitching around the edges, and matted it all together.  A nice bright & cute card for a very bright and cute girl!  Hope you like it x

No comments:

Post a Comment