Friday 24 May 2013

...loves of my life

Here's the card I made for my delightful, wonderful, handsome, amazing (...just in case he ever reads this ;) ) boyfriend, for our 8 year anniversary...






 I've gotta say...I love it.  It's one of my favourite ever makes.  I started with a 6" x 6" kraft card blank. matted some patterned paper on to it, and edged with a little distress ink.  The topper is made up of an inked doily, two of the same 'spellbinders' dies - one covered in gilding flakes, the other covered in distress embossing powder - and a wee little envelope that I have a punch for.  The 'loveheart' I created by making a mould out of an actual sweet, and filling it with bronze UTEE, i then used 'gleam' gilding cream to bring out the detail.  I punched hearts along the bottom of the patterned paper and filled them with little heart shaped faux-pearls from my stash.  The 'happy anniversary' sentiment is from the 'paper smooches good gab' set and is printed in sepia archival ink.  I think I was having one of them lucky days when everything just comes together.  Hope you like x

No comments:

Post a Comment