Friday 28 October 2016

Bold but pretty, Vellum Hennah Elements

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I've got some vellum florals for you...



...using Altenew's Hennah elements.


Hennah Elements was my first ever Altenew set, and I still absolutely love it.  It's so bold whilst still being pretty, and has so much open space; great for practising different colouring techniques.
I decided to go along the pretty route this week, and what's prettier then vellum?


I started by stamping out my floral elements in Versamark ink onto vellum, and heat embossing with white powder.  I've never had a problem heat embossing on vellum, I think you just have to be quick and purposeful!  I then fussy-cut them all out and set them aside.
I cut two panels from kraft card using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Rectangles.  I covered the back piece in some of the smaller elements from the set, stamped out in a brown ink to create a gentle tone on tone effect, cut my front panel into two pieces, again using the Stitched Rectangles (You can create all different size squares and rectangles with a little careful lining up of the larger rectangles!), and inked all the edges.  
I stamped out my sentiment, which is from Altenew's Painted Inspiration, onto the bottom panel and, again, heat embossed in white.


I then lay-out my floral elements how I wanted them to look, peaking from behind my panels and, once I was happy, adhered them down.  I then added foam tape between my panels, and set everything in place.
I finished with a scattering of pearls, matted my piece onto cream card, and mounted the whole thing to a kraft card panel.


I really hope you like it, and as always, everything I have used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jillx


Hennah Elements Image 1Painted InspirationSmall Stitched Rectangle Lawn Cuts Image 1



No comments:

Post a Comment