Thursday 26 May 2016

Hero Tones...

Hi everybody,

I'm sharing another card I have made for the current challenge going on over at the awesome A Blog Named Hero, where this time round the theme is 'Tone On Tone'.


And here's my card...


I'm slightly obsessed with trying to create the perfect spearmint colour using my Distress Inks at the minute as there just isn't one in the family so far (come on Tim - gimme a spearmint!), so went with that as my chosen tone.

  

I started by mixing my Distress Inks (Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, & Tumbled Glass), with water, and washing my card through them, making sure to create interesting spots of pools and splashes, and left to dry.  I then mixed some transparent texture paste with the remaining ink to create my own,matching tone, translucent paste; it's so cool, almost like a seaglass!  I then applied my pretty paste onto my card panel using Hero Arts Triangle Pattern stencil.  Whilst that was drying I dry inked another piece of card, using the same mix of colours, to use as my back piece, and cut 3 of these pretty little doily shapes using a Spellbinders die.  I then cut a small banner flag from my card panel and one of the die-cuts, and adhered the die over-top, then adding the remaining dies to the top and bottom of my piece, trimming accordingly to create a continuation pattern.  I lined up my aperture to allow me to see where I wanted to stamp my sentiment, which is from Hero Arts Essential Messages set, stamped through using Versafine Onyx black ink, and clear heat embossed.  I adhered my panel to my background using foam tape to give dimension, making more of a feature of my aperture sentiment, and added a couple of pieces of ribbon cut into a flag and a tag.  


I embellished with a scattering of enamel dots, and there you have it.


I really hope you like it and would love to read your comments so please feel free to leave them :)

See you next time.

Jillxxx





1 comment:

  1. I love how you did the sentiment Jill - it give such wonderful interest and texture - and your spearmint color is so pretty (hope Tim sees your plea!) - thanks so much for joining our A Blog Named Hero challenge this month - and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete