Friday 27 May 2016

Get your rocks off!

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I am rocking out!


Using the amazing new Rock and Paws set from Mama Elephant.


I love it when a company releases something so different, so fun, and so me!  And this definitely ticks all those boxes...dogs with guitars, rocking out...what more could you possibly ask for?  I, literally, could not wait to ink these bad boys up!


I started by inking up my background to create what is meant to be a spotlight on a stage, blending yellows towards the centre and greys and blacks around the outer edges.  I then stamped out these cool guys from the Rock and Paws set, coloured with my Copics, and fussy-cut.  The Rock and Paws set is from Mama Elephant's latest release, and if you haven't already checked it out - you really must.  I mean come on...one of the cute puppies even has Kiss make-up on haha.  So, so brilliant!


I gave my keyboard player a red sparkly keyboard and matching glasses, and my guitarist got a matching red sparkly guitar using some Sakura sparkle pens.  I added a couple of pieces of grey and black card to the bottom to create a stage, cut the whole panel out using Lawn Fawn's Cross Stitched Rectangles, and built up my little doggy band on top!  I stamped out and coloured a couple of speakers to add to my scene (coz all good gigs need a decent sound system), and added the little 'Rock On' sentiment from the same set.  I completed my sentiment, 'Rock on, it's your birthday', using Lawn Fawn's 'Year Six' set (I use this one tiny stamp set so many times to finish of a sentiment - worth the few pound just for that alone let alone the uber cute shellfish in there!).  I added  a slick of Glossy Accents to my keyboard players glasses and my singer's microphone, and finished my card off with a scattering of sparkles.


I really hope you like it, and as always, everything I used is linked below.

See you next week, and until then...rock on!

Jillx

Rock and Paws  Small Cross Stitched Rectangle Lawn CutsYear Six















No comments:

Post a Comment