Monday 17 August 2015

Pastel water colour...

Hi there,

So, it's no secret I am watercolour obsessed, and I've had an idea in my head for a while that I've been dying to try out.  I really wanted to achieve something almost pastel like, but in water colour.  As luck would have it, the awesome Mama Elephant's current Flickr challenge is...watercolour!  So perfect time to try and put the picture in my head, onto paper.

And here's what I came up with...



I stamped, and cut out, all these cutie pie smiley balloons from the Tandem Extra set.  I used Mustard seed, Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick, and Peacock Feathers, mixed with a small amount of Picket Fence Distress Stain to mellow it out and make it pastel.  I used the same paints to create a watercolour wash across my background.  I die cut some clouds in white card and vellum, to add to the dreamy feel of the pastel.  I also die cut the Mama Elephant 'Friend' die, several times, and glued together to create a substantial stand out sentiment.  I coloured the top layer in the pink pastel, and clear heat embossed in a sparkle powder. 


... And that's where the fun ended and the hour long frustration began haha.  I knew I wanted the balloons to be holding up the 'friend' die in the pretty sky, and I wanted them to be holding it up by actual threads...and boy oh boy was that a fiddly nightmare to get right!  Never mind,  I love how it looks so think it was worth it, but my advice if anyone wanted to try it...fake it!  glue your string on, and fake the knots!  So once everything was in place, and looking all pretty, I finished off my sentiment, using the 'Friend Indeed' set, give my balloons a quick coat of Glossy Accents, and added a scattering of beautiful sequins to embellish..  And there you have it.
I really hope you like it and would love to read your thoughts.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Jillxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment