Monday 17 August 2015

Friends Furrrrever...

*To avoid any confusion...this is one of my posts for the amazing, Make The Day Special Blog...I just like to share here too*

Hi everybody,

I got the awesome 'Meowwwww' set from Neat and Tangled, and have been dying to do something with it.  It's cute, but in a different way to most my sets.  It's funny, (I mean seriously - the deadpan look on that cat's face), original, and, dare I say it...it's down right cool!


It's one of my best friend's birthdays this month, so I made this card for her.  She's cat nutty, and a little on the alternative side of life, so thought I'd go a little 'out there', and this set was just perfect!


I started by stamping out my kitty, his little toy, and my sentiment, in Black Versafine ink, and clear heat embossed.  I always heat emboss when I want  to water colour my images as I like the way it helps your colours pool up at the edges.  I then covered all my images with masking fluid to protect them whilst I got messy with some ink splats!  I used Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink mixed with water, and flicked and sploshed the colour all over my panel.  Once dry, I rubbed away the masking fluid, and coloured everything using more Distress Ink, adding a little glitter to the love heart.  To make them stand out more, I covered all my images in Glossy Accents ... now had I have known I was going to do this, I could have skipped the whole 'masking fluid' step as the Glossy Accents will mask your image on it's own, but hey ho, it's all part of the fun, right?  I added a little bit of ribbon, a teeny twine bow, and a couple of red enamel dots to jazz things up a little.  I then added my panel to a black Avery Elle notecard, and went with a 'jaunty angle' just for kicks :)

And there you have it.  Something a bit more cool than cute, and messy than manicured!  I really hope you like it.

See you next week.

Jillxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment