Monday 21 January 2013

all that glitters...

It's my aunty's birthday in a couple of weeks so thought I'd make a card that sparkles like she does.  It's not really my usual style, but I was making it with her tastes in mind...and when the weather is so miserable outside - why not go crazy with a bit of sparkle!  It was my first my first ever play with 'mod podge' so I decided to go to town and use the 'sparkle' version out of my new starter kit which I treat my-self to the other day.  And here it is...







The flowers are from a 'Dawn Bibby' flower set, and the butterfly is 'hero arts'.  I embossed them both with black embossing powder, coloured them with mica powders - then covered them in 'sparkle mod podge'.  Like I say, it's the first time I have ever used mod podge, and I have to say - I love it already!!!  I added a bit of bling to butterfly's for a little extra prettiness - and used 'spellbinders labels four' to stamp my sentiment on to.

Hope you like it xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment