Friday 9 March 2018

Picnic With Friends

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I’m having a picnic...


...with Mama Elephant’s Picnic With Friends.



Such a sweet little set, the illustrations just come to life conjuring up daydreams of hazy sunny days having a picnic in the park with your pals.




I started by stamping out all of my elements and coloured them using pencils, the designs just seemed to call out for the sweet naive look of pencil colouring. Once everything was coloured, I cut out and set aside.  I then created a soft blended spotlight background, again, using pencils and adding a wee free hand grass verge.

Although I love having a simple focal point on my cards I felt the background called for something else so made a rough mask to cover my pencil colouring and stamped Lawn Fawn’s Gingham Backdrop over-top - what more perfect background for a picnic scene?!

I stamped out my sentiment form the Picnic With Friends set onto my sky and hear embossed in white.

I built up my scene using foam tape, matted my panel onto yellow card and added the whole thing onto a cream card base.



I really hope you like it, as always everything I used is linked below.



See you next week.




Jillx

Picnic With Friends  Gingham Backdrops Image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment