Friday 15 December 2017

'Tis The Season...

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I’ve got the last of my Xmas cards for this year...



...using the beautiful Festive Wreath from Avery Elle.



This set includes a large wreath and all the sprigs and baubles and lovely stuff you would use to make a wreath in real life...but no no, that’s not hard enough work for me haha, so I decided I wanted to make a CAS card using the little sprig to make a smaller wreath - so ultimately - you’re getting two wreaths for the price of one! Good stuff!

I started by lightly mapping out a small circle in pencil, and creating many masks using the smallest sprig, candy canes, stars and baubles. I then stamped all my stars and decorations around the circles, covered in their masks, and went over top with sprigs, making sure each over-lapped the last.


I then coloured the whole thing using my Zigs. I normally always use them with water and this was one of the first times I used them just as they are and ‘woah’ they are so intense and bright, Utterly amazing!

I stamped my sentiment over the wreath and heat embossed in gold. I added a simple bow from gold twine and finished by coating my decorations in Glossy Accents.


If you set up a wee production line and do each step on multiple cards, I think these could be produced uber quick - so if you’re cutting it close and are still to get started - I hope these give you a little inspiration on what you could do.
As always, everything I used is linked below.

Well folks, all that’s left is for me to wish you all the merriest of all Christmas', and the happiest of all new years! See you next year!

Love always, Jillx


Festive Wreath   Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pen (24 piece set)

No comments:

Post a Comment