Friday 28 July 2017

Sky High Birthday Wishes

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I'm flying high to send some birthday wishes.


Using the adorable Across The Miles from Waffle Flower.


I absolutely adore this set.  For me, it's just one of those perfect sets that fall so into 'your alley' it's like they were designed just for you :). The font, the style, the cute little critter poking up from the basket, the banner, the choice of sentiments.  Yup, this is an amazing stand-out set for me.


I started my card by cutting a Stitched Circle Scalloped Frame from My Favourite Things from the front of my card to create an aperture, and in-laying the frame back in.  I stamped out the clouds, from the same set, onto my back panel & watercolour-washed a sky around them.  I then stamped out all of the elements I chose to use to make up my scene, clear heat embossed everything and coloured using my Zig Real Brush markers (yes again, but what else is a gal supposed to do - they are simply the perfect colouring medium!).  I always like to clear heat emboss my stamped outlines if I am colouring using water as the raised edges help so much with keeping all your colour pooled in the place you want it and not flood out into other sections.  I then fussy-cut all my pieces.  I wanted to be able to see through the part of my hot air balloon where the balloon meets the basket, so snipped off that part, stamped it out again onto acetate, and added that behind instead - I really love how it turned out and it really didn't take up much extra time.
I wanted to keep my card CAS with plenty white space and and a spotlight scene, so built up all of my elements in and around my aperture, adhering in place with foam
tape and wet glue.


I really liked how my scene looked like at this point so decided to leave it there.  I find when a set is as well designed as this, there really isn't much need to mess too much, it kind if just creates itself!


Waffle Flower have knocked the ball out of the park with their releases this year in my opinion, and this is no exception.  I just know I'm going to enjoy this set for a long long time!

Thanks so much for your time, I really hope you like it.

As always, everything I used is linked below so be sure to have a peep.

See you next week.

Jillx

Across the Miles  Stitched Circle Scallop Edge Frames Dienamics  Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pen (12 piece set)

No comments:

Post a Comment