Friday 23 June 2017

Celebrate the summer

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I'm celebrating the arrival of summer!!!


With a whole load of Lawn Fawn loveliness & a helping hand from Hero Arts.


Can you actually believe how hot it's been?  Of course, typically, we couldn't handle it and started praying for rain...which we only had to wait two days for up here in Newcastle whilst the rest of the country continues to bake & now we all want the sun back haha.

I started my card by inking up my background with some bright yellows, gradually fading it out. I added a sprinkle of water to pick up some colour & a spritz of white ink to add a little interest.  I then mixed some texture paste with some of the yellow ink and, using a spatula, spread it over this lovely Hero Arts Honeycomb stencil.  I then set my background aside to dry.
My sweet summery bees are from Lawn Fawn's  Hello Sunshine which I stamped out and coloured using my Zig Real Brush markers.  I fussy cut them, purposefully chopping off their wings (ouch-eee, sorry little fellas); I then stamped them out again onto vellum, this time time fussy cutting the little wings and adding them back onto the bodies.  
My flutter of foliage is from Lawn Fawn's Fab Flowers, stamped out in an array of bright colours and cut using the matching dies.


My sentiment is Lawn Fawn's Scripty Hello which I cut several times and adhered together to create a more substantial piece which, once built-up, I covered in a couple of layers of clear embossing powder to give it a lovely shiny finish.  I finished my sentiment by partially stamping the 'Hello Sunshine' from Mama Elephant's Spring Garden, stamped onto vellum and cut into a a banner.  I love creating my own message by mixing different sentiments together.


I built up my scene and once I was happy with the placement of my pieces, I adhered them in place.  I then mounted my panel onto a dark grey cardbase, up into the corner, and there you have it.


A nice bright summery card to celebrate the sunshine...now where's that fan...

As always, everything I used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jillx 

Hello Sunshine Image 1Fab FlowersScripty Hello Die Image 1

Honeycomb StencilMama Elephant Spring GardenZig Clean Color Real Brush Pen (12 piece set)

No comments:

Post a Comment