Friday 19 May 2017

Lil' Baby Story Time

Hi everybody,

Jill here and this week I've got a sweet and simple story for you...


...using Mama Elephant's Lil Painters to help tell the tale.


I don't know about you, but when I get a new stamp set, I like to lavish attention on it as soon as I have it in my hands.  You know, hold it, stare at it, drool over it etc etc...in any case...I was fawning over the adorable Lil Painters from Mama Elephant,when these sweet little images popped out at me as a little story of brand new life that would make a perfect 'new baby' card.


Now I'm not sure if they were intended for this use, but I'm totally claiming the idea as mine haha.
I started by stamping out these three separate images in row, masking them off and adding a few little sprigs of grass.  I  then coloured them using my Zig Real Brush Markers.  Once dry, I masked them off again and stamped Lawn Fawn's Gingham Backdrop set over top in a bright, vibrant bubble-gum pink ink.


I took my sentiment from Mama Elephant's New Family, as it worked perfectly for my card and the font and style worked perfectly with my design, and stamped it out in black ink.
I finished by matting onto a piece of kraft card and mounted the whole thing onto a white card base.
I loved the crisp, cool, CAS design of my card so skipped on embellishments and left it there.


I really hope you like it, and enjoyed my little story time.  I really love it when a stamp set takes you in a totally different direction to what is first apparent!

As always, everything I used is linked below so be sure to drop by and have a peek.

See you next week.

Jillx

Lil' Painters New Family Stamp 

Gingham Backdrops Image 1Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pen (12 piece set)

No comments:

Post a Comment