Friday 28 April 2017

Making a Splash on an inky sea.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I'm making a sweet birthday splash...


...using My Favourite Thing's adorable, 'Soak up the fun'.


I started by stamping out and colouring these cheeky little monkeys in their cute little banana boat using Zig Clean Colour Pens then fussy-cut, using a scalpel to get to the inner parts.  The 'Soak The Fun' set these fun guys are from is so brilliant, absolutely jam packed with adorable critters and creatures!  I then moved on to creating my background.  I knew I wanted them bobbing about on the sea, but I don't have any wave stamps or dies in my stash, so instead, I cut the cloud border from Mama Elephant's Landscape Trio Creative Cuts from some thick card, turned it upside down to use as a mask, and softly blended a few different blues to create a nice wavey background, adding a few flicks and splashes of ink for extra interest.


I loved how my background turned out but wanted my boat to be behind a wave as oppose to just sitting on top, I also, however, wanted to keep as few layers as possible, so instead of adding extra bulk, I simply cut around one of the waves with a scalpel, and slotted my little monkey filled fun boat behind :)


My sentiment is stamped directly onto my card front in black ink and clear embossed.  I then added a couple of cute balloons to give a little extra oomph and an added pop of colour.  My balloons are from My Favourite Thing's Somebunny set, stamped out, coloured using Zig's, and fussy-cut.  I then added string from the monkeys to the balloons just for a little added cute.


I'm really happy with how this card came out, and think these little monkeys are cute enough to put a smile on anyone's face and fun enough to make a splash on anyone's birthday!

As always, everything I used is linked below so be sure to have a peek.

See you next week.

Jillx

Soak Up The FunLandscape Trio Creative Cuts Image 1Somebunny Image 1

Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pen (12 piece set)

No comments:

Post a Comment