Friday 17 March 2017

Starry Starry Night.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I'm looking to the sky on a starry night...


...and using my supplies to create a deeply sentimental card for an incredibly special friend, taking inspiration from the very beautiful Don Mclean song, 'Vincent'.


It had been a while since I did a galaxy/night sky background so was looking forward to getting very inky!
I started with a panel of white card and my choice of coloured inks to use as my constellations. I chose pink, yellow, and blue and inked them randomly across my card.  I then went in with the black.  Now this is quite intimidating to most of us, I think the trick is to go slowly and steadily, but be brave and bold.  Once I had laid all the black I wanted down, I gave my piece a good sprinkling of water droplets which I then soaked up with paper towel.  I also added a good flicker of white paint and a spritz of shine mist.  Once I was happy with how it looked, I took Wplus9's Starry Background, and cut it twice from my panel.  


I took a piece of vellum and cut Lawn Fawn's Forest Border from it, I really wanted to emulate one of those stunning photos you see of the Northern Lights, really magical and beautiful, and thought the Forest Border really helped set the scene.  I then stamped out my sentiment in the spare space using these beautiful words from Mama Elephant's Shooting Star set, and white heat embossed.  I find myself turning to this set a lot for sentiments as they are all heaped with meaning. 


I adhered my vellum in place by creating a wrap and hiding my double sided tape around the back of the panel, then mounted my whole piece onto some silver sparkly card to really make my stars 'pop'.
I finished by cutting a few stars from the same silver sparkle card using Mama Elephant's Confetti and adding them as embellishments



I really enjoyed making this card, so really hope you like how it came out.

See you next week.

Jillx

For Lee, 'This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you'.







1 comment:

  1. I spotted this on the Seven Hills Crafts blog and I want to pop by and say how fabulous it is, the background is amazing and the twinkle of the stars is fantastic! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete