Friday 24 February 2017

Stamp layering stars in your eyes.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week I've got a simple starry design for you...


...turning 'Cant's into Can's' with Wplus9's Dreams into Plans.


Spring is so close I can almost taste it, and with that, the colour combo that 'springs' to my mind is always Navy blue and Yellow.  I'm not even sure why but think it must have something to do with the little Easter outfits we got as kids always having a sailor theme :)  Either way, I was feeling those colours so decided to do something using that theme.


I started with two same sized panels of white card and, using Altenew's Basic Borders, covered one piece entirely in stripes of yellow stars.  I then cut a star from the the centre of the other panel using Lawn Fawn's Puffy Stars, and stamped Wplus9's Dreams Into Plans straight over the top of both pieces, independently, in navy ink.  I then lined the pieces over the top of each other so that the sentiment is still clearly legible, but the the pretty yellow star pattern shows through the Puffy Star negative space.  
I adhered my top panel using foam tape so the added dimension would really help highlight the star space.
I really loved the clean simple boldness of the design at this point so matted onto navy blue cardstock and decided to leave it there.


I really hope you like it, I really enjoyed making it.  As always, everything I used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jillx

Dreams into Plans Image 1Basic Borders Puffy Star Stackables Dies Image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment