Friday 8 April 2016

In-laid Pop of colour...

Hi everybody,

I'd like to share card with you which I have made to play along with this month's Paper Smooches April Challenge, where this time round, the 'theme' is 'Black/white with a pop of colour'.

      

And here's my card...


I went with a very Clean & Simple design to emphasise my 'pop of colour'.


I used Paper Smooches 'Dainty Flowers', and 'Thanks Word' dies to make my card.  
I started by die-cutting the dainty flowers from a white watercolour card panel, taking care to keep all the pieces in place within the card.  I then popped out the small pieces that make up the flower petals etc, and watercoloured them using Distress Inks (Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserve, and Mustard Seed).  Once dry, I in-laid the pieces back in, using clear tape at the back to secure them.  I then die-cut my 'thanks' word die from right across the front, again, taking care to keep all the pieces in place.  I cut it again from black card, swapped this over with the positive piece from my panel, and in-laid the black piece back in to my card front.


I loved the clean simplicity of this design, so matted onto black card, mounted onto a white card blank, and left it at that.

I really hope you like it and would love to read your comments so please feel free to leave them :)

See you next time.

Jill






No comments:

Post a Comment