Tuesday 24 November 2015

Snowflakes and Sequins...

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I am eventually facing the fact Christmas is around the corner!


I've noticed a lot of projects around blog land using a striking red and teal colour theme, and really wanted to try it myself, (there's a couple of cards in particular which I took inspiration from, so will link them at the bottom of my post), and here is my effort... 


I started by inking up a piece of watercolour card using Distress Ink, (Peacock Feathers and Broken China), creating a dark to light gradient, and adding a shimmer by spritzing with water mixed with mica powder, finishing with a few flicks of white.  Once I was happy with my background, I took my Lil Inker's Snowflake's Die, and cut three from my background, (leaving me 3 pretty snowflakes I can use on another card).  I was going to simply add a layer of vellum behind, but when I see a chance to add a wee little shaker to my card, well, I just can't pass it up!  So added some sequins and glitter behind each little flake. 



I cut Mama Elephant's Merry Script Die and coated in a couple of layers of red embossing powder to give it a really high gloss.  I finished my sentiment by white heat embossing a simple 'Christmas', from Lawn Fawn's Trim the Tree, on black card, and cut into a banner.
I added a wrap of bare twine and a cute little bow, and adhered my greeting over the top.  I added some silver Stickles around my snowflakes, and a scattering of sequins to finish off, and there you have it.

I really hope you like it, as always, everything I used is linked below, and below that, the stunning creations that inspired my project.

See you next week.

Jillxee

Snowflake Dies   Merry  Script - Creative Cuts   Trim The Tree


Inspo:  This, (which I think might be one of the most beautiful cards I have ever set eyes on!), and This stunner from the amazingly talented Debby Hughes -
and this beauty from Giovana Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment