Wednesday 25 March 2015

Distressed hugs...



Hi there,

I'd love to share another card I have made for, the awesome, Lawnscaping Challenge Blog, and this time round, the theme is 'Distress Addict'.  Lawn Fawn and Distress, the stuff dreams are made of :)


And here's my card...



I started by choosing a few different Lawn Fawn patterned papers, and cutting them into strips.  I distressed all the edges, both with my distress tool, and with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, and adhered to my panel.  Once everything was in place, I die-cut Lawn Fawn's 'Hugs' die from the centre, die-cutting another few out of kraft card, for me to build the die cut up with.  I then stuck these all together, in-laid them, and added my original piece of distressed patterned papers, to the top.  I stamped these oh-so cute little hedgehogs form the 'sending hedgehugs' set; a mini set that I love more and more every time i use it!  I coloured them using, yup, obviously, more Distress Inks.  I die cut a few Lawn Fawn hearts and also washed these in Ink.  So that  was all my elements made up, now on with finishing my sentiment.  I stamped out 'sending hedge...' from the same set onto vellum, by masking off the last part of the sentiment as, obviously, I had my raised die cut to finish off my greeting.  I cut my vellum into a banner, and adhered it to my card front by entwining it behind it the die cut, and one of my hearts.  I finished off with another few hearts, and there you have it...don't be distressed, hug it out :)  I really hope you like it and would love to read your comments.

Until next time...

Jillxxx




2 comments:

  1. i love this!! i love the mix of patterns and all the texture!! :) thank you for playing a long with us at Lawnscaping Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cad!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping 
    Hope to see you again next challenge
    Xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete